|Zoom Season One Episode One|
|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||January 4, 1999|
|Directed by||Bob Comiskey|
Zoom Pilot Episode (1997)
Zoom Episode 0002
WGBH brings ZOOM back to PBS to give a new generation of a chance to explore, experiment, and share their creativity with the world. Like the original series, the ZOOM pilot features a cast of seven children who dance, sing, build bridges, solve puzzles, play games, and tell jokes. Every idea and activity on the pilot comes from children who are credited on-air for their contributions. What's new about ZOOM is an enhanced educational focus and an outreach campaign that makes use of new communication technologies, include e-mail, home video, and websites. The pilot is being broadcast to get children to send in their ideas which will in turn fuel the production of the ZOOM series - 40 half-hour daily programs to air on PBS's Ready to Learn lineup.
- ZOOM Zinger - Feather Blowing
- ZOOM Do - Thaumatrope
- ZOOM Zinger - Homonyms
- ZOOM Guest - Robbie Partman of Auburn, Maine
- Zmail - Riddle, Thanksgiving, Mr. Muscles
- Ubbi Dubbi Ad
- Café ZOOM - Bunny Cake
- Poem - Imagination
- Zoops - Embarrassing Moments
- ZOOM Do - Green Slime
- Fannee Doolee
- ZOOM Sci - Balls and Ramp
- ZOOM Game - Ankle Grab Relay Race
- Stinger - Coming Soon to ZOOM
- In the beginning of the Café ZOOM segment (after the logo), the door used for jokes in Seasons 1-5 is shown on the right as the camera zooms in to Keiko.
- Not only is this the first episode of the revival series of ZOOM, but this is the first episode to feature a Café ZOOM segment that doesn't show the ZOOMer eat the recipe at the end. This could've been because there wasn't enough time to do it.
- When the episode was remastered in 2002, it was edited so the first ZOOM Do and the joke was shown before the second zinger and the ZOOM Guest. This was most likely cause having two zingers in a row didn't make sense.